Replacement key.

MadGuy

Heya,

i know this generally isnt the best place to ask questions about replacement keys, but i've mailed [email protected] and got a auto response that there might be a 3 business day response time (which is far to long for a key replacement tbh)

Last may i replaced the motherboard/cpu and some other items in my unraid server. While setting it up my then current USB drive (Sandisk) broke down. since the general advice is to use sandisk usb drives, i bought another... Which today, broke down. Got notifications that it had write errors, and while i was rebooting to see if that would help anything the usb drive got stuck while booting. After that i had to reset, and then i got a " please insert boot device " notification.

So, i loaded up a backup onto a spare USB drive i have laying around only to see that i cant replace my key till May 2021 through the automated process. While i understand the need for some protection so that people dont frontload alot of usb drives with valid keys and replace them everytime its needed.  So, i emailed [email protected], and get an automated response that it might take up to 3 business days to get back to me. This isnt acceptable for such an important feature. One doesnt choose when its drive will fail, and i cant get to my data, and worse my vms now.

Please assist me asap.