New Server - Bad RAM

trig229

Hi Everyone, 

New to Unraid, and Linux in general.  Took the plunge and got all new hardware to replace my aging 2011 system and entered the world of unraid.    

Been running for the past few weeks and kept getting odd issues and hangups, sabnzbd reporting corrupt downloads which i hadnt started to look into yet. I put this down to me playing/familiarising myself with unraid and also running the latest beta 35 due to running new hardware, 5900x etc.  

Fast forward to a few nights ago and the system started spewing out a load of btfrs erros.  Several google searches later and disk checks made me suspect a dodgy SSD.  Managed to recover most of the files, apart from a random log file reporting 2PB big from unify manager.  

I tested the SSD in another system and passed ok, tested it with preclear and got random lockups, never in the same place.  After reading up pre clear tool isnt designed for SSDs sp ignored the lockups.  Decided to do a memory test and it stopped after a few mins due to to many errors!!! 

So basically i believe all my issues are down to faulty RAM and not the SSD.  I have order some new sticks that should be arriving in the next few days.  

My main question now is, unraid sits in RAM, im worried now that i possibly may have some corrupted OS files and or docker/libert corruption as well. 

What would you guys do?  Is it likely unraid is corrupt?  Best to start over?  Can i have a fresh install of unraid and keep my data on my drives if i re0select them in the correct order/position?  

All my data is still on my old server, so it is possible i could wipe everything and start fresh but i would really like to avoid this.  

Im not fussy about the docker image, i still have the app data so would just re-install all dockers and copy appdata back in.

VMs, luckily i only have one VM setup so far which is passed through to a NVME so i can re-create the template/libvert file and be on my way.  

Also, after looking into the BTFRS issue, a lot of people recommended sticking to xfs for cache.  I dont need pools or anything.  

Suppose what im asking you folk is, what would you do, if anythjng?  (Apart from replace the RAM)

20201127_200922.jpg

Edited by trig229