Risks with bad cache SSD?

tshorts

I have a SSD that Windows have problems with. Some issues with finding it sometimes, and some found.000 keeps popping up (from chkdisk at startup). 

But the vendors (ADATA) SSD health check shows it as 100% healthy, and the in HDDScan v4.1 all s.m.a.r.t-parameters is shown as green. So I don't know if its the SSD that is bad or if it's Windows very compatible with it.

It's the machine I'm about to remake as an unraid server (for home use).

What's the risks with using that disk as a cache server? Does unraid automatically correct for bad sectors?

And, is there some built in functions in unraid, or plugins, that have efficient health check of a SSD-disk before I put it to use?

Just now, tshorts said:

What's the risks with using that disk as a cache server? Does unraid automatically correct for bad sectors?

Same as Windows.  Windows keeps finding corruption on it (the found.000), so corruption will probably happen via Unraid.  If the cause of the corruption isn't caused by random reboots on Windows, then pitch the drive.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Same as Windows.  Windows keeps finding corruption on it (the found.000), so corruption will probably happen via Unraid.  If the cause of the corruption isn't caused by random reboots on Windows, then pitch the drive.

Okey, thanks. Guess that's the best option.
It still works in windows though. Just in a weird way.

Do you know if there's any full sector check for unraid? Running one windows now with HDDScan, but it looks to take days, so I'd rather do it on unraid when it's up as it will be running 24/7. Would be interesting to see if there are bad sectors, or if my adata disk us just weird - and perhaps reuse it for some other more unimportant stuff.