unraid disks not balancing

Hello all.

Brand new to Unraid, i am testing out the latest release of unraid in trial version 6.8.3 with a custom built computer running an array of 10 disks with 2 parity and a cache drive composed of 2 ssds 256gb for a total of 512gb. 

Last night i was transferring a 1tb of data and one of the disks just filled up then got the error that the disks was full upon copy. Can't find any option to rebalance the drives. have one of you encountered such issues? it seems like the remaining drives while being seen and enabled in the array they are just ignored. see screenshot. Many thanks to all for kind advice. 

see link https://ibb.co/P9ppwhn

Capture d’écran 2020-12-07 à 20.30.31.png

Edited by tomtom77550
text edit and add image

Unraid considers several settings for a User Share when deciding which disk to write, Allocation Method, Split Level, and Minimum Free.

Unraid doesn't really try to balance the drive use. Allocation Method of Most Free is somewhat similar to that idea, but can cause performance issues and keep multiple disks spunup as it constantly switches to the disk that temporarily has Most Free. For this reason, the default Allocation Method is Highwater, which will use all disks eventually without the constant switching.

Minimum Free is one of the ways you keep a disk from filling up. You should set Minimum to larger than the largest file you expect to write to the user share, since Unraid must choose a disk before it knows how large a file will become. Cache also has a Minimum Free setting in Global Share Settings.

If Split Level requires that some files belong together, that will take precedence regardless of Allocation Method and Minimum Free.

If possible before rebooting and preferably with the array started
Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

Also, tell us which user share you were trying to write when you filled the disk and that will help analyze how Unraid chose that disk.

i was transferring from a Mac using default Finder and SMB share. 

I am still transferring like this. Unraid is now filling up the 2 first disks and it seems it is just ignoring the other drives for unknown reason. Maybe i'm to much in raid technology witch Unraid is not.  what i did just know is set the "media" share to"most-free" and see what is does.