• unraid 7 issue + question

jbrodriguez
    • Minor

hello guys, i installed beta2 today, it just works on my test machine :)

nice job to everyone involved 👍

currently, my unbalanced and controlr plugins + the mobile app work (had to make a small change to support vms)

i do have an issue in the plugins page, it's showing that status is not available (see attached screenshot)

not sure if it has to do with my server 

question, i remember limetech mentioned that an api endpoint would be made public at some point in the future, is that still in the plans ?

(haven't followed the latest changes closely, sorry if this has been already discussed)

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 13.43.18.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? To avoid a bunch of other questions would you please provide diagnostics?

What happens if you press Check for Updates?

it's an upgrade

9 hours ago, ljm42 said:

What happens if you press Check for Updates?

i'll try this and report back

ljm42, it works ok after check updates, it seems only on startup (probably only the first time?), looks good anyway

Edited by jbrodriguez

Hi all. New to unraid here, and still just running a trial. I am running unraid 7 beta2. Isn´t there any plugin to browse shared files through the web portal; something like the Dynamix File Manager in v.6?

42 minutes ago, lightraynas said:

Hi all. New to unraid here, and still just running a trial. I am running unraid 7 beta2. Isn´t there any plugin to browse shared files through the web portal; something like the Dynamix File Manager in v.6?

Dynamix File Manager has been integrated into Unraid 7. Not sure if the access points are the same, though.

When you say its intergrated, does that mean I am suppose to find it when I search for app, or that is a part of version 7, embeded into it. If its the latter, where do I find it?

I can not find it as an app:

Skjermbilde 2024-07-17 kl. 21.29.11.png

You use it just like the Dynamix File Manager plugin!   You click on the leftmost icon on a drive or share to start browsing at that level.

• Like 1

It is now a base function of the OS, available there :

image.png.daeb1e1b723e5e8419e4549daba148e5.png

And on any drive or pool like this :

image.png.f627d02c230bcf5bda340d68d28706b6.png

Screenshots from v6, but probably the same integration in v7.

On 7/16/2024 at 12:24 PM, jbrodriguez said:

ljm42, it works ok after check updates, it seems only on startup (probably only the first time?), looks good anyway

Go to Settings -> Notification Settings and look at "Plugins update notification".  If that is set to "Never check" then it disables the auto-check on the plugins page.

This is not a new behavior, but I do recall a bug fix around how notification preferences were read, so perhaps that is why it feels like a change to you