• System crashed 6.8.0

Helmonder
    • Closed Minor

Just woke up to a crashed system, different effect then the last time (See previous post below)

Diagnostics are attached.

Last error in the log was:

Jan 5 06:20:19 Tower shfs: fuse internal error: unable to unhash node: 562319961

Jan  5 06:20:19 Tower shfs: fuse internal error: unable to unhash node: 562319961

Where in previous cases the errors made the total system unavailable now the webinterface is still running but there are no exported shares at all..

When I look on terminal I can still see the diskshares, and there also is the "user0" share, but no "user share".

I will now reboot.

-> reboot worked, system back up, no parity check started.. Which in itself might be something to look at.. System probably crashed in such a way that it could not determine that a parity issue could exist ?  I will start one myself.

tower-diagnostics-20200105-0835.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This looks more like a general support issue, you're getting multiple page allocation failure call traces per day, trey running the server in safe mode without docker/VMS for a couple of day and post new diags.

Will do !

10:03 disabled my VM (one server) and the VM service as a first try.

Since last reboot (This morning) no errors in the log.

Maybe there is a relation to this thread:

Edited by Helmonder

Did notice that I was using quite old virtio drivers.. Maybe that could have something to do with it.. Also recreated my libvirt file just to be sure..

Edited by Helmonder

Since the error was referencing KVM and i saw that old libvirt version I have updated it and recreated the libvirt file.. After doing that I saw some old VM's coming back that had not been active, but my correct one (the one that was active) was not in that list... I deleted the wrong ones and re-added (vdisk was ofcourse still there) the missing VM, worked fine.

I have also pinned two threads to the VM (and two other threads to my plex docker).

I have since both actions not seen any page allocation failure messages.. As they appeared to be there on a daily basis and it has now been stable for 48 hours these might have made a difference..

Edited by Helmonder

Are you saying you are installing libvirt yourself? That is for sure going to mess things up.

6.8.0 should have a pretty recent libvirt version installed.

39 minutes ago, Helmonder said:

Still stable... no errors at all and a very "relaxed" syslog.. No warnings or errors since the 5th..

Closing for now then.