• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

dimitriz's Achievements


Rookie (2/14)



  1. Thanks! Just saw your reply. Still stuck at 6.8.3 for unknown upgrade reason. Updated UD, and it's working properly now.
  2. You read correctly. Booting to Safe Mode GuI works fine, but renaming plugins and trying to boot normal doesnt work. The one thing I noticed is that during the normal boot there is the 3rd line flashes after there: Loading /bzimage....ok Loading /bzroot..._ When it doesnt work right and goes into the loop the 3d line doesnt quickly flash... the screen turns black, beep and ASUS logo... There were 2 plugins that are installed by default and I believe it recreated them when I renamed the directory. Not 100% sure, but I remember when I looked in the folder it had them there. I am on 6.8.3 now with everything running Ok. Will test some more
  3. Well, that was a No-Go also. Renamed all the .plg files same boot loop. Got back in and renamed the whole plugins folder .., same thing. Hmmm.. beginning to scratch my head here.. wtf.. lol
  4. Thanks. I was kind of leaning that the issue is with one of the plugins also. Fun time reboots.. :) The only thing that sucks is that I have to sit by the server as for some reason my PC sometimes doesn't see any USB devices connected (including the Unraid USB). Been through BIOS at least 10 times tweaking but cant find any settings that helps.
  5. I normally never have any unassigned devices ... However I am currently dealing with this: So not sure how related this could be at this point.
  6. Oh, ok..,I misunderstood what "re-do" the flash drive meant. Unfortunately I just rebuilt the whole USB flash from scratch, copied the config folder in and it's the same infinite loop thing. Thanks
  7. Ok, under 6.9.2 I was able to boot with the option Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins).
  8. No change. Backed up whole 6.8.3 USB. Booted Unraid., and upgraded to 6.9.2 (didn't turn on array) Tried to boot normally.. failed. Backed up whole 6.9.2 USB. Deleted config folder from 6.9.2 and copied the same folder from 6.8.3 backup. Tried booting again and stuck in infinite loop.
  9. Sorry, forgot to post it originally. tower-diagnostics-20210610-2317.zip
  10. After making sure my 6.8.3 was stable I made a dumb decision to update to 6.9.2 After updating and rebooting the server the Unraid started.. Loading /bzimage....ok Loading /bzroot..._ then black screen, beep... BIOS logo and infinite loop from there. I pulled the USB and moved all the files from the backup folder to root of the USB overwriting the 6.9.2 Booting up I was able to get into the OS without issues. Once back in OS (6.8.3) I noticed a few GUI display errors. Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function parse_file() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code:19 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520): eval() #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(60): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code on line 19 Of course I couldn't start the array there, but was able to use some Android app to start. (Seems to be some Unassigned Devices issue, I posted this issue there). Anything I can submit to troubleshoot for upgrading to 6.9.2? tower-diagnostics-20210610-2317.zip
  11. After failed 6.9.2 update and rollback to 6.8.3 I get this: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function parse_file() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code:19 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520): eval() #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(60): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code on line 19 If I remove Anassigned Devices, the error is gone... but reinstalling it brings it right back. So JFYI.
  12. Just an update on this issue. Took a lot of testing..... didn't help that my son yanked the power cord out so I had to run stability check again. Either way I was over 30 days with no any kind of BTRFS corruption or other issues.... (well, besides the version not available for dockers...) The only thing I shut off is the pihole template docker that was residing on my appdata folder on my NVME. I haven't brought it up there since I don't really need it and was only testing. So.., leaving this here just in case somebody runs into this weird issue.
  13. Update. Replaced NVME HD and have been up for 19 day until today's crash/freeze. No corruption. syslog (4) tower-diagnostics-20210416-1744.zip
  14. I think the 1st time (2 weeks ago) I ran the memory testing from the unraid flash drive boot. Just created a fresh Memtest86 USB and running a new test now. Also, this issue occurred when I was watching something on Plex with my phone. I had it set to play Original quality so no transcoding. Only changes I did this year were adding PiHole docker sometime in February. (Plex, SABnbzd, Sonarr only other dockers) Since last cache drive format I did the following: PLEX TRASNCODING TO RAM https://forums.unraid.net/topic/35878-plex-guide-to-moving-transcoding-to-ram/page/12/ mount -o remount,size=20G /dev/shm Beyond that server is mainly for storage. Never more than 2 streams and that's very rare. All activity is local.