• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

13 Good

About KptnKMan

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi @jbartlett and thanks for making this tool. I've gained a lot of insight into how my drives are performing. However, I'm still not sure of your question regarding the "Max allowed size", I think you mean the threshold of measured throughput, but I don't know where I can see or verify this. It didn't seem to be increasing above 45MB. I also tried running the same test with "Disable Speed Gap detection" enabled, and it still would not finish the test. So once the parity rebuild finished, looks like it was a little faster overall, despite the system being under normal loa
  2. I can't say the line looked very flat'ish but I'm not sure if this is an issue with these older drives bursting data of something. I thought it would have had the opposite issue, with not keeping up with the other 8TB drives. Guess I was mistaken. Is that the data in the other graph? That was somewhat linear like this graph, but seemed to have got stuck retrying at 90%. I'm not sure if you're referring to that. I feel like I've summoned a genie by accident.
  3. Rebuild running on Disk1 and Disk2 concurrently: This with all VMs and Dockers running, although that should require few reads/writes on the array. I'm already pretty happy with the performance. When it's done, I'll see if I can run another Diskspeed test.
  4. Ok so I downloaded and ran Diskspeed yesterday, and have been running it a few times with mixed results: Unfortunately, 2 of my disks are slower, but these are the 2x 6TB disks that I'm replacing... so no surprise there. What is surprising, however, seems to be that one of the 6TB disks (Disk1/sdl) is bandwidth capped, and the other (Disk2/sdm) is causing issues finishing the tests, and seems to be retrying with Speed Gap errors every time I ran it: Interestingly, I never knew about this Diskspeed tool but it's interesting and has definitely confirmed m
  5. So I'm wondering, since there has been no response from anyone at Limetech, is this something that would be viable for the future? With Linux projects like LookingGlass picking up traction and waiting for hardware vendors to catch up, I'm optimistic about it. I'm hoping to use SR-IOV one day in Unraid, or another platform for VM use. Is this even a possibility in Unraid?
  6. Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. The drives have had a couple TB free on each for some time, but the speed has been consistently at around 110MB/s. Recently they have been filling up a bit more, but the parity speed has been the same.
  7. Good to know, I'm also running dual parity.
  8. Thanks, that's great to know that things should work. As an aside question, I've been wondering why my parity checks run at about 110MB/second, but my drives are capable of above 200MB/s. Am I missing something in the calculation or is it a case of slowest drive, or something else?
  9. I wondered about this also, as a valid and healthy parity seems to be a key requirement. I've had a good parity history, and run at the beginning of every month: So I had a good parity check about 10 days ago. As far as I can tell, none of my drives have any SMART errors and are recent drives purchased within the past year.
  10. @Juxsta can you post your full XML in a code block? I think your USB is not being passed through. Edit: Nevermind, saw that you did already.
  11. You checked both the videos, followed all the instructions and made sure to pass through the sound devices exactly as advised also?
  12. @Juxsta You might benefit from the HOWTO I wrote over here: I spent a lot of time putting this HOWTO together, and I usually refer to it when I see others struggling with the same. Let me know if you found it useful. 👍
  13. So I rebooted and checked the BIOS time, which I apparently cannot edit. The BIOS System Time is already set exactly 1 hour back, so I assume it is UTC set. After startup, still see the error: ntpd[2369]: kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x41: Clock Unsynchronized Checking Unraids NTP server shows: Linux 4.19.107-Unraid. root@blaster:~# ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter ============================================================================== LOCAL(0) .LOCL. 10 l 549 64 0 0.000 0
  14. Hi all, I'm having a strange issue with one of my Linux VMs. Its a QCOW2 install of Home Assistant, which has been working without issues for a long time. My other VMs seem to work fine, mostly Windows 7/10 VMs. Yesterday, I upgraded my Ryzen CPU to a R9-5950x, and required stable BIOS version, and the issue began after this. As part of the process the BIOS was reset, and I set everything back to correct before booting Unraid. Upon starting up, this VM does not start but seems to crash with this error on the screen: I've chec
  15. Update: New Zen 3 CPU installed, seems to be working well. BIOS 2802 works well, but most importantly, temp monitors seem to be working without changing anything.