I am completely lost. I started getting errors with Sonarr and Radarr after my server ran a backup and update last night. I am assuming it has to do with the stuff in the recommended post but I'm not sure especially since it sounds like I should have had problems after restart/update last week... Anyway, the issues I am having:
1) binhex-delugevpn says "version: not available"
2)Sonarr give errors "Unable to communicate with deluge. Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down."
3)Radarr gives error "Unable to communicate with Deluge. An error occurred while sending the request. Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.: '<LAN Deluge ip>/json'
4)None of the indexers work for Sonarr or Radarr
5)NZBHydra, every indexer says "Error while communicating with indexer <indexer>. Server returned: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" (Note: honestly this stuff is so complicated and it has been a while since I've set it up. I have no idea how any of it works anymore. I am not even sure if NZBHydra is even connected to the VPN and if so where/how that was set up)
I tried fixing according to the posts: I edited binhex-deluge, the line that says "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" has value: "8989, 7878"
Where 8989 and 7878 are the ports for Sonarr and Radarr are on. I tried also going through sonarr and radarr and editing "settings > Download Clients > Host" and changing it to "localhost" but then when I hit "test" I get an error "Unable to connect" . Also note that if I leave it as my LAN Ip instead of localhost, it gives an error "Unable to connect to Deluge"
Looks like some how privoxy got turned off. Which, tbh, I am not 100% certain I had it on. But I followed SpaceInvdader's video in the past and it said to turn it on so I assume that is what I had. Turning it on fixed Hydra's issue and also changed the errors I get in Sonarr/Radarr. Now it gives a timeout instead of "Unable to connect to Deluge" when I test with LAN ip in the host.
I have now added NZBHydra's, SABnzbd's, and jackett's port to the "VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS", (so that is now equal to "8080,5076,9117"). That seems to have fixed the issue with the indexers not working with Sonarr and Radarr. Additionally inside settings -> download client, I changed the host from the 192.... ip to the 172.... ip for Deluge (but NOT for SAB, that is still the 192... address) That has caused both Sonarr and Radarr to test successful for deluge. So now the only remaining problem that I know of is the "not available" version for delugeVPN. But I mean, at the same time, I basically button mashed through this thing. I have no idea why any of that did anything or if there are other issues I am missing. I don't understand at all.
I read up on the FAQ more and that combined with what I got working, I think I understand now. Seems I ended up basically doing the solution given in Q27. Accessed LAN applications from something going through the VPN by adding those application ports to the VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS. I suppose I could have gotten deluge to work without changing to 172 in download clients by simply including it in the export list too. (Though I have no idea why the change to 172 worked also). I see now that I COULD have used the solution in Q26 and simply added the 192 address to ignore list under proxy. And I also didn't need to add anything to the import or output list. (And indeed, I changed to this and it works)
I do still have the problem of it showing as not available for version number. Additionally, I still don't really know why hydra wasn't working when privoxy was off, I can't seem to find anything that is making it go through it. ALSO it seems to me that I don't actually have anything using the VPN proxy except the deluge itself, and I wonder if I should have more stuff going through it, like SAB and if so, how...
It no longer says version: not available. I dunno why, seems to have fixed during one of the restarts when I removed input and outputs in favor of using the ignore address in the proxy settings for Sonarr/Radarr solution.
Ah ha, and now I have found where Hydra was connected. Hidden "advanced" setting, where Proxy is set. And I've set jackett to go through it now too.