[SOLVED] Flash USB Drive Failure w/ Multiple Parity Drives

I managed to bork my Unraid OS flash drive seemingly beyond all recovery (I've tried inserting the drive in multiple PCs and they all report that it is an unrecognizable USB device).  Unfortunately, I'm a bonehead and don't have a backup of my flash drive, nor do I have a screengrab of my drive assignments. 

First an overview of my setup - two parity drives, an M.2 cache drive, plus several M.2 and SSD unassigned device drives (which primarily just housed VMs).  I know that the parity drives are two of my four 14TB drives, but am not sure which two.  When my USB drive died, I was in the process of upgrading my cache drive - so I had just moved all of my cache files from the old cache drive to the array (with the intent of flipping cache directories back to "Prefer" after powering back up with the new cache drive selected).  I powered down the server and installed my new cache drive and discovered the dead flash drive on attempting to power back up and getting the USB error.

I've read the "Starting Over" article on the wiki as well as multiple forum threads here with folks in a similar "dead USB, no assignment map" situation and the guidance has been to create a fresh new USB OS drive, boot things up, and then assign all of the disks to the array in any assignment order and then whichever disk doesn't mount is parity drive.  (Obviously I'd just assign all of the non-SSD/m.2 drives as those were all non-array disks.)   However, most of those threads were single parity drive setups and I've seen folks mention that this method only works with a single parity drive and that a multiple-parity setup is more complex and assignment order matters.

Obviously, I don't want to lose the data on my array.   So, my question is - can I simply assign all disks (again, in any order and excluding the M.2s & SSDs) to the array, start the array, and then re-assign the two that don't mount as my parity drives (assuming just two are flagged as unable to mount)?   Or is there something more I need to do in this case?

Thanks for any guidance in advance!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Flash USB Drive Failure w/ Multiple Parity Drives