{Solved] Docker image utilization/logs, bypassing 50m limit

dstark4

I have a server that is experiencing a problem where the lancache container is bypassing the 50m limit set in docker settings. I have also add the "--log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1" to the extra parameters field.

Is there another recommended command to add? I know its the access.log that is the culprit. My googlefu keeps pointing me to posts adding the parameters to the container. Such as Squid's excellent docker faq and even red hat articles

image.png.dda464c2a1471a935264377b56af499e.png

image.thumb.png.00819e3548319f423318e79f4465ae5e.png

image.png.56df0433da1a6905504fb9d1a1d6befa.png

Edited by dstark4
Solved

That's the thing, log file size limit was set when I first configured this server. I have added a path to the container to send that log to share outside of the docker image, but that's a bandaid. The file has grown to about 1gig in 6hrs.

I am unsure what to do otherwise

I believe I have narrowed down the problem, the lancache container has a config file for sni, which is not following the above max file size.

To fix the problem I have edited the container to have a path for /etc/nginx/stream-enabled/ to appdata. I have edited the conf file to commit out the offending access log.

So far nothing is being written, I will watch the docker img to make sure nothing else is being written. I will mark this post solved in a couple days if nothing else occurs.