We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

1st errors w/parity check in 15 months of unraid

Hi everyone-

I've been using unraid for over a year now.  things have been going pretty well and have never had any parity checks.  last night a parity check was scheduled and thought nothing of it.  

This morning when i got the email, i was suprised to see that there were 9 errors.  

My diagnostic file is attached.  i did get 2 ups alerts w/in the last day, but i get those from time to time even when the power doesn't go out.  

Also, under parity check, i have "write corrections to parity" checked.  is this a problem?  Is one of my discs failing?

Screenshot (9).png

en.zip

8 hours ago, Energen said:

Easiest thing to do is to check all your SMART values for your drives, run some tests on them.

Parity errors don't necessarily mean any drives are failing, only that at some point there was an error -- power failures, bad copies, etc.. anything could cause it. 

Is the smart history under settings somewhere or is it an application I need to install?

On 2/3/2021 at 8:54 PM, Hoopster said:

If you click on a disk name form the Main screen, you can download the SMART report, see the SMART History for the disk and run additional tests.

image.png.1e296d61f9a844bba1b43009ab00b5c6.png

Ran a second parity test.  Took a little bit longer but no errors. Will chalk it up to the ups error I received during 1st parity check. If I get errors in the future, I'll run smart reports on the discs. Thank you.