[SOLVED] Parity Sync and harddisk errors

Gornil

Hi, 

I'm very new to unraid and just installed it on a machine I have. I've mounted the harddisk and set a parity drive. I've added 3 drives to the array. It's now doing a parity sync, but I have an Incredible ammount of errors in the  view. And it keeps rising. For all 3 of the array disks I have a total of 221 305 errors right now (~80% complete), with this error repeeting "UNRAID kernel: print_req_error: I/O error, dev sdd, sector xxxxx".

I've tried to google, but I cant find anyone who have had this error during parity sync. What should I do? Should I cancel the parity sync? And what can the fault be? I've read that this erro can be something with the sata cables between the controller and disk. But right now I'm just wondering if I should let the parity sync contiune, or just cancel it. 

CRC error counts indicate a connection problem - typically the cabling rather than the drive although I must admit I do not think I have ever seen a count that high so I could be wrong.   They are occurring on all 3 drives so that suggests to me that there has to be something that is common to all 3 drives that is causing the problem.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Parity Sync and harddisk errors