6.9.x, LSI Controllers & Ironwolf Disks Disabling - Summary & Fix

Cessquill

53 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Did you restart your server after making changes to the disk?

The issue this thread covers is where disks are disabled on spinup.  If you're saying yours don't spin down, something else is going on.  Cables OK?  Big enough power supply?  Hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction.

Cables are SAS to Backplane, the server has been restarted several times since then.

My PSU is 500W (if i remember correctly) with no graphics card:

- i9 9900k

- HBA Card

- 10gbit Dual SFP+ Card

- 9 Disks for the time being.

It "should" be fine in terms of Power.

Issues started after I put the HBA card in my server, and it is only that one Disk which gets disabled. The disk Smart readings are totally fine. I will put that disk in the 3.5" cage today and directly connect it with a SATA cable and will observe.

I will set up an automatic parity check after that and look if it happens again. Because it ONLY happens when starting the parity check. Maybe a crossover issue with the Mover, which starts at the same time like the parity check. Parity check will get paused as long as the mover runs and resume after that. After resuming the parity check i have read errors on my system logs.

I will open a support ticket for that. When it happens again after my modifications.

Edited by MrSliff