[SOLVED] Unraid says I don't have VT-x Capable Hardware but I'm sure it is.

I'm running unraid version 6.9.1. When I go to VM manager to enable VM's I see a warning stating "Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Please disable the VM function." However, I am running a Xeon W-1290p which I know supports VT-x, I've attempted updating bios to version 2004 for my Asus Pro WS W480-ACE, I've attempted enabling VM's anyway and trying to start a VM however I run into error "unsupported configuration: Emulator '/usr/local/sbin/qemu' does not support virt type 'kvm'" when attempting to create a Ubuntu 20.10 VM. I'm using the server as a media server running docker instances for plex, radarr, sonarr, ombi, deluge, jackett, and a valheim server.

Capture.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20210323-1849.zip

Edited by Mrtortillachip
19 hours ago, Squid said:

Sure about that?  Enabling VT-x and not just VT-d?

Mar 19 11:57:52 Tower kernel: x86/cpu: VMX (outside TXT) disabled by BIOS

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1297433/vmx-outside-txt-disabled-by-bios

I see now that after updating BIOS by default intel Virtualization is Disabled not enabled, i should have double checked this. It would seem the solution with this motherboard is to upgrade BIOS & re-enable it. Thank you all for the help :)

• Mrtortillachip changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid says I don't have VT-x Capable Hardware but I'm sure it is.