Can't login to Unraid.net to extend Expired Demo

On the Registration Page there is an error that I am not logged in to unraid.net. When I want to log in, my mailadress and password (even when freshly changed) is not accepted. I need an extension for my trial, since I have to remove 1 HDD from my Server to meet the 6 HDDs Limit, and I have to use a different USB-Stick, since the actual one makes Problems. How do I best proceed?
Thank you for providing this fine Software, glad I found you!
Greetings from Hamburg/Germany
Gerhard

Thanks @Squid I guess so, too, since yesterday I didn´t get even to the login Screen, the Popup just loaded endlessly. Bad for me, that I can't start the Array again because of Trial endet.

Maybe I may add a question in regard to licensing: Actually I have one HDD too much for my wanted Basic License. What would happen, if I try to activate a 7 HDD Server with a 6 HDD License? Unluckily its the first of 6 in the Array, which I want to remove. How do I best get that HDD out of the system, since al Files are already copied?

46 minutes ago, n8breeze said:

Thanks @Squid I guess so, too, since yesterday I didn´t get even to the login Screen, the Popup just loaded endlessly. Bad for me, that I can't start the Array again because of Trial endet.

Maybe I may add a question in regard to licensing: Actually I have one HDD too much for my wanted Basic License. What would happen, if I try to activate a 7 HDD Server with a 6 HDD License? Unluckily its the first of 6 in the Array, which I want to remove. How do I best get that HDD out of the system, since al Files are already copied?

You would have to actually unplug the 7th drive as unRaid will not let you start the array with it present if you have a Basic licence.

if that drive happens to be a USB drive then you could unplug it to allow the array to be started and once the array is started it can be plugged back in and used as an Unattached Device as the check on the number of attached drives is only carried out at the point you start the array meaning you can plug in removable drives (e.g for copying or backup) once the array is already started.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

You would have to actually unplug the 7th drive as unRaid will not let you start the array with it present if you have a Basic licence.

if that drive happens to be a USB drive then you could unplug it to allow the array to be started and once the array is started it can be plugged back in and used as an Unattached Device as the check on the number of attached drives is only carried out at the point you start the array meaning you can plug in removable drives (e.g for copying or backup) once the array is already started.

Thank you for this, it will surely help when I can log in again. My Paritydrive is an external USB Drive. If I unplug that for Registration, I should be able to put it back on, without new parity check, right? Since there is not much changing on the server, I suspend new parity checks atm.

1 hour ago, n8breeze said:

I should be able to put it back on, without new parity check, right?

No.  

If you start the array without the parity disk present then unRaid will want to rebuild parity if you then try and later add it back.   Note that the check for the number of attached drives is done every time you start the array - not just once when you first start using unRaid.    Also it is not recommended to use USB drives in the array as they tend not to be reliable enough to avoid issues.    

You might be better off running without parity and just making sure you have good backups of anything important - possibly using the USB drive for that purpose.

1 hour ago, n8breeze said:

My Paritydrive is an external USB Drive.

7 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Also it is not recommended to use USB drives in the array as they tend not to be reliable enough to avoid issues.    

I usually recommend only considering USB for an array that doesn't have parity. If it disconnects, the disk will be kicked out of the array. Frequent rebuilds could be the result. If there is no parity then not as much of a problem since there is nothing to keep in sync.

• 1 year later...

I'm so happy to hear that it isn't just me.

I was refreshing cookies, using different browsers, and i even check a different on computer with a vpn connation. 

Then I noticed our hero "TelefonSquid" chime in on this old thread.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, owzo said:

I'm so happy to hear that it isn't just me.

I was refreshing cookies, using different browsers, and i even check a different on computer with a vpn connation. 

Then I noticed our hero "TelefonSquid" chime in on this old thread.

Tell me about it. Did the exact same thing, haha.