[Plugin] ZFS-companion

New version is out :) 

From the settings you can set the current unhealthy status to be reported as healthy in the dashboard (the tooltip will still show the correct status), as well as clear it.

If the status goes back to fully healthy, then it will be reported as healthy, if any pool changes status, it will be reported as unhealthy again.

• Thanks 1
On 4/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, JoergHH said:

Suggestion for an upcoming version:

Full info just like the output of 'zpool list':

NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CKPOINT EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT

This will also save the shell call.

Should we show all of those fields?

I was thinking of using 'zpool list' in MAIN and 'zfs list' in SHARES.

How would the zpool structure be displayed though? Expandable tree from the pool, similar to what unassigned devices does for partitions?

23 minutes ago, campusantu said:

Should we show all of those fields?

I was thinking of using 'zpool list' in MAIN and 'zfs list' in SHARES.

How would the zpool structure be displayed though? Expandable tree from the pool, similar to what unassigned devices does for partitions?

I don't really care. You are the programmer. You decide for yourself.

• 6 months later...

Hey love the companion. Look forward to your building it out. Might have been mentioned but would love to see on the main widget total space consumed v available as it shows in zfs list (but just for the main pools, not nec for datasets). Alittle like how TrueNAS haa the space widget on it's dashboard.

Edited by muddro
4 hours ago, muddro said:

Hey love the companion. Look forward to your building it out. Might have been mentioned but would love to see on the main widget total space consumed v available as it shows in zfs list (but just for the main pools, not nec for datasets). Alittle like how TrueNAS haa the space widget on it's dashboard.

thanks :) I'm waiting to see news on the official support for ZFS before I put more time into this, especially because i went back to have TrueNAS to ease snapshots and backups, but in the meantime you can try adding ZFS Master from IkerSaint.

The two plugins seems to complement rather well, as Companion has the general health status in the dashboard while Master has a nicely done Main widget

1 minute ago, campusantu said:

thanks :) I'm waiting to see news on the official support for ZFS before I put more time into this, especially because i went back to have TrueNAS to ease snapshots and backups, but in the meantime you can try adding ZFS Master from IkerSaint.

The two plugins seems to complement rather well, as Companion has the general health status in the dashboard while Master has a nicely done Main widget

I'll check it out, thanks! Yeah snapshots with znapzend or sanoid not ideal.

13 minutes ago, muddro said:

I'll check it out, thanks! Yeah snapshots with znapzend or sanoid not ideal.

Yep, for now I made a VM with an HBA passed through, and doing backups to an Odroid HC4 with OMV+ZFS (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5065253). After a long time I am once again confident that my irreplaceable data is safe. For not-so-important stuff, and ease of use of apps, Unraid is still the way to go.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey, can you check the output of the commands again?

I'm not really planning updates as I've stopped using ZFS on unraid (using it elsewhere) and I have very limited time available unfortunately. But from what I can see in your output, a quick fix should be very easy to do, so I may try to find the time

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, I'm new in unraid and much more novice in ZFS, but is there any way or possibility to add in companion plugings, also some statistics for the pool, like Total space, Available space? unraid doesn't show it directly like other disk arrays or std pools, and going all times on the terminal to query the zpool list is a bit "inconvenient".

• 2 months later...