new server, new usb drive, new key?

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the whole "new key process". I currently have Unraid running on an older machine (SERVER A) and want to set up unraid on a completly new machine (SERVER B). So i set up SERVER B in Trial Mode with a new USB drive and did my config and installed all the services i need and migrated all the files over to the new server. 

So - how do i decouple the old USB Drive and the old Server and start my licence on the new server? Do i have to wait until the Trial is over and request a new key then - because as long as i am in the trial mode i dont have the option to request a new key ?

If server A is no longer going to be used then another option is to avoid transferring the licence and exploit the fact that all user settings are stored in the config folder on the flash. 

• Make backups of both flash drives in case you make a mistake 
  • Copy the config folder from the trial flash being used by server B onto the licenced flash being used by server A. 
  • Remove the flash from server A and use it to boot server B and it will come up with all settings intact.
9 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

To clarify, it is a replacement server or a secondary server ?

If it is a a server replacement, you could copy your .key file to your trial drive. I think it is in the config folder.

its a replacement server - server A will be shut down and not used anymore. some of the harddisks will go into the new server - but not all of them.

old usb drive includes a Plus.key in the config folder but i thought its hardware bound to the GUID of the usb drive ?

image.png.22814140c80900fb4d1173764eb60a50.png

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

If server A is no longer going to be used then another option is to avoid transferring the licence and exploit the fact that all user settings are stored in the config folder on the flash. 

• Make backups of both flash drives in case you make a mistake 
  • Copy the config folder from the trial flash being used by server B onto the licenced flash being used by server A. 
  • Remove the flash from server A and use it to boot server B and it will come up with all settings intact.

i tried to set up a complete new server without all the mistakes i made with the first one and start "clean" - also harddisks etc are completely different.

isn´t there a "correct" procedure to simply move my licence to a new usb drive ? it says install key here but from my understanding (and the purchase email) its bound to the Flash GUID: 13FE-1D00 .. how do i bind it to the new usb drive ?

image.thumb.png.087579af421e62d4ee0571aea0def121.png

(thx for the help!)

Edited by crimsdings

yes - but i had no "Replace Key" button while on Trial.

if anybody comes to this for a solution:

on the new server : go to "Tools" -> Registration. Supply the "wrong" key file (you got a link per mail when you purchased it, or take the key file from your old usb), it will register that its the wrong key:

The registered GUID does not match the USB Flash boot device GUID

The Registration key file does not correspond to the USB Flash boot device. Please copy the correct key file to the config directory on your USB Flash boot device. If you do not have a backup copy of your key file, Contact Support.

after that you have the replace key option and can follow the solution above. thanks for the help guys - got the new key mail within seconds and could install it without a problem. 

Edited by crimsdings