Hitachi 2TB 5K3000 Green drive for $69.99 shipped (Amazon)

Superorb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opened my shipping box today. Hitachi bare drive in a "shrink-sleeve" inner OEM box (not even any padding, the drive is basically "shrinkwrapped" to a carton inner liner that folds to hold the drive in place) packed in a slightly larger box with one air-sac.

Opened my shipping box today. Hitachi bare drive in a "shrink-sleeve" inner OEM box (not even any padding, the drive is basically "shrinkwrapped" to a carton inner liner that folds to hold the drive in place) packed in a slightly larger box with one air-sac.

Did it survive? I absolutely hate AZ's packing jobs. I always make sure to review them horribly on every order.

Did it survive? I absolutely hate AZ's packing jobs. I always make sure to review them horribly on every order.

Another Hitachi I had ordered well before this promo came the same way and passed preclear without any issues. I don't expect this one to be any different. Having said that, I probably won't get to do a preclear on this at least until this weekend.

I got 2 from Amazon a little while back.  One for me, and 1 for my buddy.

I thought that Hitachi box was pretty well designed.  Seemed like it would absorb shock pretty well from any direction.  Unlike some instances where you get a HDD wrapped in bubble-wrap, but corners are not well protected.

I do wish they had added more brown paper or air bags to the larger box, and completely surround the inner-box.  I don't understand why most shippers just use air bags or brown paper to just fill the outer box instead of surrounding the inner box on all sides to better protect it.  The number of RMAs that could be avoided would seem to make it worth their efforts.

My Hitachi passed preclear w/ flying colors.  :)