Hitachi 2TB 5K3000 Green drive for $69.99 shipped (Amazon)

Superorb

Well, I didn't remember that Hitachi itself buyed the hard disk unit from IBM...

One contender less, it's getting lonely in the hard disk business... who is left? WD, Seagate, Samsung, Toshiba?

Hopefully the prices won't rise  :o

There's no such word as buyed. :) The past tense of the verb "buy" is "bought". http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/buy

This has to be the most lame post I've ever seen.  WTF man?  This is a forum for discussing unRAID, not critiquing the use of the English language.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't remember that Hitachi itself buyed the hard disk unit from IBM...

One contender less, it's getting lonely in the hard disk business... who is left? WD, Seagate, Samsung, Toshiba?

Hopefully the prices won't rise  :o

There's no such word as buyed. :) The past tense of the verb "buy" is "bought". http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/buy

agreed

While I agree with this, it is possible that English is not his primary language, in which case this just comes across as mean.  A quick check of his profile confirms this man is from Austria.  Maybe cut him a little slack.  :)

No, no, it's OK! As my signature tells: correct me if I'm wrong. Only chance to learn something. Or, better: re-learn something I've forgotten since leaving school ...

Well, you're much more forgiving than I would be about it.  I have the utmost respect for people who have taken the time and effort to learn another language, and then take the leap to have discussions in that language with native speakers on the other side of the world.

No, no, it's OK! As my signature tells: correct me if I'm wrong. Only chance to learn something. Or, better: re-learn something I've forgotten since leaving school ...

You have a far better attitude than many.  

Your English skills are better than many of those native to this country.  Written English is difficult enough, even for those who have lived their entire lives reading, writing, and speaking it.  It is not easy to get grammar correct when your native language uses different structure.   Throw in spell-checkers that occasionally change words, or a mis-placed finger on a keyboard, and it is easy to see how a word can be spelled incorrectly.

If you need clarification from anyone's response, just ask.  If a question you write is not clear, we'll ask for clarification in return.  No need to apologize in any way.

Joe L.

I did not catch that info in your signature so I apologize to bw1 for being so harsh.  Honestly, when I saw that response my initial thought was - oh man I hope this forum isn't turning sour.  I appreciate the civility of the members on this forum.  It is far better than any other that I have seen before and I hope it stays that way.

Sorry to any I may have offended.  :-[

I wasn't necessarily offended, just surprised by the audacity?  But as you said, it was a solicited response, and the poster has acknowledged you were helping him, so I consider it a non-issue at this point.  Everyone is happy.  ;D

I appreciate the civility of the members on this forum.  It is far better than any other that I have seen before and I hope it stays that way.

This really is one of the nicest forums I've been on also.

I'm also a moderator elsewhere, and it can be crazy there at times.

The members here are the best. Y'all rock!

FYI for anyone in the same boat, I placed an order when the drive went back up to $74.99 with a "1-2 weeks availability" from Amazon. They only shipped me the drive yesterday and my invoice was not automatically credited for the difference. If you had the same issue, just call and tell them the price was $69.99 on the day it actually shipped and they should credit you back the difference.

FYI for anyone in the same boat, I placed an order when the drive went back up to $74.99 with a "1-2 weeks availability" from Amazon. They only shipped me the drive yesterday and my invoice was not automatically credited for the difference. If you had the same issue, just call and tell them the price was $69.99 on the day it actually shipped and they should credit you back the difference.

Let us know how well they packed the drive once you receive it.

EDIT: Looking at the F4 2TB Amazon page, some people received a bare drive in a box with not enough packing while others received their drive sandwiched between two foam pieces in a box, surrounded by another box. I guess it's hit or miss with them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0042SGDVG/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1

Let us know how well they packed the drive once you receive it.

EDIT: Looking at the F4 2TB Amazon page, some people received a bare drive in a box with not enough packing while others received their drive sandwiched between two foam pieces in a box, surrounded by another box. I guess it's hit or miss with them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0042SGDVG/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1

When I receive multiple drives from them (WD-EARS) they were each packed in the bracket-box (the one in the pic where the drive is held by the black plastic sleeves), and then packed in a larger box with some air-sacs.

Individual drives usually arrive with the bracket-box simply enclosed in a somewhat larger box, typically without air-sacs.

I haven't gotten any DOAs so far...

When I receive multiple drives from them (WD-EARS) they were each packed in the bracket-box (the one in the pic where the drive is held by the black plastic sleeves), and then packed in a larger box with some air-sacs.

Individual drives usually arrive with the bracket-box simply enclosed in a somewhat larger box, typically without air-sacs.

I haven't gotten any DOAs so far...

My WDEARS get the same treatment when shipped by amazon.