Starting to have multiple problems with my array, every few days it seem something else breaks

I would like to start and say that I have no background in IT and I am a little bit of a noob when it comes to linux and command line and such. But I've been using Unraid for a few years now and it's the perfect OS for me, being able to run dockers and even VM has been so great and useful for me.

That being said for the last year I've had countless issues, some of them were not Unraid's fault, but my server has started to become more and more unreliable.

Right now my two issues are that the log fills up entirely every few hours and prevent the dockers from working when it's full, and a brand new drive throwing errors and finally getting disabled.

It's not the first time I've had drives fail but never on a brand new drive (less than 2 months old) I'm thinking there might be a problem with the motherboard instead (This is the second time Disk 3 fails on me) All of the sata cables are connected and they're all brand new also.

Maybe someone can take a look at the logs before I throw money at yet another new drive?

Thank you very much everyone

unraid-diagnostics-20210425-1247.zip

Edited by sloob

Your recurring problems appear to be cabling.  SATA connections (for a lack of a better word) are pieces of shit (this is the non-IT term).  Reseat the cabling and/or replace the cables, ideally with NON locking cables (WD a couple of years ago made some changes to the shroud on the drives to better work with hot swap bays with the result that a ton of locking cables wouldn't work properly if they didn't have the internal "bump" on the connector.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Your recurring problems appear to be cabling.  SATA connections (for a lack of a better word) are pieces of shit (this is the non-IT term).  Reseat the cabling and/or replace the cables, ideally with NON locking cables (WD a couple of years ago made some changes to the shroud on the drives to better work with hot swap bays with the result that a ton of locking cables wouldn't work properly if they didn't have the internal "bump" on the connector.

I will try that and report back! but my case uses hot swap trays with a sata backplane so the drives themselves are not attached to the cables. Do you have an insight on what might be my log filling up problem?

Edited by sloob