Reinstall docker vs Reinstall container

My container, binhex Nzbget, seems to be the culprit of my problem, which is when it runs, my file browser (windows file explorer) looses visibility of 70% of the stored media files (plus Nzbget seems to not work).  If i reboot unraid with Nzbget off, then I can see 100% of the media files.  As soon as I run Nzbget, 70% are not visible.  I can repeatedly loose, then bring back file visibility this way. 

I tried removing and reinstalling Nzbget, but the problem remains.  It seems it is not a full reinstall because unraid remembered the settings and put them in automatically.

What do you think i should do?  

1. should I reinstall the whole docker image?
  2. or is there a way to reinstall just Nzbget where the old settings are not automatically put back?
  3. or something else?
Edited by xrqp
1 hour ago, xrqp said:
  • or is there a way to reinstall just Nzbget where the old settings are not automatically put back?
  •  

Don't install it from Apps - Previous Apps (or the Add Container)  Just search for nzbget in apps

But, what you're describing doesn't particularly make a ton of sense either.

Yes.  It makes no sense that I can see files, can not see, can see, can not see - assuming that is what you are referring to.  I have never experienced this before.  But I repeated it over and over to be sure what i was seeing, and had to repeat it to narrow down what container triggered it.

I think i had disk problems before i noticed this behavior.  Then I replaced the disks, but the see, don't see problem remained.  But it seems possible the bad disks caused this by doing something to nzbget, or to docker img, or to the files, that remains, even though disks were replaced. 

Regarding when i did the container re-install, is was done the way you suggested, but it still auto filled many settings.  Is that weird too?  Maybe a nzbget file stayed behind after i did "removal" of the container, and was somehow used when i did re-install.

Edited by xrqp