Can't login with the “My Server” (Unraid.net) app

Hi all, I have a login question.  Last evening, we were experiencing a power outage in our area.  My unraid media server is connected to a UPS, I tried to log in to it in order to safely shut it down.  However, I was not able to.  I suspect this is due to having “My Server” (Unraid.net) plugin installed and it needing the internet in order to validate the login.  I’ve tried to let the server shut down the system via the ups settings app but my server keeps losing coms to the Tripp-Lite ups.  At this point I’m wondering about the usefulness of the “My Server” (Unraid.net) app.  I have no need to connect to my server away from my local network.  What are the benefits? And is there a way to log in locally? 

thanks

Hey Squid, I tried turning SSL off in the management settings but found I could not sign in, I cleared all cookies but that didn't help.  Am I missing something?

I'm able to login via https://ipaddress (not secure).  Hum, I would hate to circumvent security so I think I'll leave things alone (SSL=Auto) and remember your alternate method if in a power outage/no internet situation.  That seems like a better way to handle things.

thanks Squid ;)