Upgraded system, no longer can establish a connection

I just switched from a very old intel build to an AMD fx8350 along with an MSI 970 gaming motherboard. The components are all working as they should be except there are no link lights/no connection when using the ethernet port on the motherboard.
Using a USB ethernet dongle, I can get link lights, but still can't establish a connection.
Verified that the LAN controller is enabled in BIOS.
Giving the command "ifconfig eth0" pulls device not found.
"ifconfig" with the dongle connected shows a "br0" device but it pulls a totally wrong IP (wrong subnet)
The furthest I've tried is editing the network config file and manually setting a static IP but that didn't work either.

I'm not a linux user so I have no idea how to manually fix the issue. If I had to guess I'd say driver issue but there aren't any official MSI drivers for linux.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tisrok
Additional information
20 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Type "diagnostics" on the console and attach the zip here.

Thanks for the reply. The network issue somehow resolved itself after a few reboots (no configuration or hardware changes...). I'm now having other issues with starting the array and crashing, but that'd be for a new thread.