How to write directly to array?

Doing a large Sabnzb pull. I have 4TB of SSD that never seems to want to really empty and it was suggested with how much I'm pulling right now to just write directly to the array. How do I set something up to speficially write to the array and not the cache? I tried to turn cache use off but then unraid doesn't want to move the files that are there. I also had a few hangups which I was suspecting was cache drive related (filling up) so took a look and realized the minimum space was 0 so I set it to 100GB since the files being pulled are 50-70GB is size. 

If you are specifying a user share (/mnt/user/blah) then you will need to set cache : yes, run the mover and wait for it to complete, then set cache : no before any further writes are made to the share.

If you don't want to pause your activities until the mover can catch up, there is no harm in setting cache : no for now, and leaving the current files in place on the cache until you reach a point that you want to temporarily stop adding material and do what I said in the first sentence.

12 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

If you are specifying a user share (/mnt/user/blah) then you will need to set cache : yes, run the mover and wait for it to complete, then set cache : no before any further writes are made to the share.

If you don't want to pause your activities until the mover can catch up, there is no harm in setting cache : no for now, and leaving the current files in place on the cache until you reach a point that you want to temporarily stop adding material and do what I said in the first sentence.

So that would be for the entire share and not a specific docker? Right now everything is happening under my share "Homeserve" so to do this would make the whole system run from HDD?

5 minutes ago, FlyingTexan said:

So that would be for the entire share and not a specific docker? Right now everything is happening under my share "Homeserve" so to do this would make the whole system run from HDD?

Cache management is on a Share by Share basis.

If some elements have to be cached and other not, you would have to have several Shares with different settings.

So I went in and left my "Homeserve" to YES for cache. But then I went and set the minimum free space to 100GB.  From what I read I thought once it hit the 100GB minimum then it would start using the array so that way it wouldn't ever freeze up.  However with my SSDs showing 480GB free space SAB still locked up.  I do have the cache moving but it doesn't appear to go very fast. 

13 hours ago, FlyingTexan said:

So I went in and left my "Homeserve" to YES for cache. But then I went and set the minimum free space to 100GB.  From what I read I thought once it hit the 100GB minimum then it would start using the array so that way it wouldn't ever freeze up.  However with my SSDs showing 480GB free space SAB still locked up.  I do have the cache moving but it doesn't appear to go very fast. 

Are you trying to move large files or many small ones ? There is a big difference on speed.

Also, IIRC the minimum free space is only effective at file creation.

So for downloading files it can be an issue as the program can create many small files that can later fill up the pool.

It would really depend on what you do.