Log filling up in an hour or so

18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

According to the syslog in the diagnostics the docker.img file is corrupt.

So I need to delete the docker.img and reinstall everything?  All the dockers seem to be working until the log fills up.

Edit: docker service won't start at all after this last reboot.  gonna try recreating it.  how can i find out what was filling the log to begin with?  or would it be the corrupt docker image?

Edited by tonsofguns

Why have you given 50G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G is usually more than enough and making it larger won't fix filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped.

Your system share is set to cache-yes instead of cache-prefer. You want that share to stay on cache so dockers/VMs perform better and don't keep array disks spinning. Set system share to cache-prefer, then when you recreate docker.img it will go to cache and stay there.

Do you actually have any VMs?

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Why have you given 50G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it?

No specific reason.  I just set it to that

Set system share to cache-prefer, then when you recreate docker.img it will go to cache and stay there.

done

Do you actually have any VMs?

no

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

Disable VM Manager in Settings and from that same screen delete libvirt.img

Recreate docker.img at 20G

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#How_do_I_recreate_docker.img.3F

but don't reinstall dockers yet.

Then post new diagnostics.

I've already started reinstalling them.  I THINK this was caused by my cache being completely full.  I was downloading an extremely large file and didn't think about it writing to the cache.  I usually have around 190gb free on the cache and it was 100% full due to this download.  Would that cause something like this?  If it's not resolved after they reinstall I'll do what you suggest and repost the diagnostics.

Edited by tonsofguns