(Solved) System does not boot after a power failure. (6.9.1)

The last few lines I am getting on screen are:

hugetlbfs on /hugetlbfs type hugetlbsf (rw)

overlayfs: upper fs does not support xattr, falling back to index=off and metacopy=off.

overlayfs: upper fs does not support xattr, falling back to index=off and metacopy=off.

vfio-pci 0000:00:02.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem

After this is just sits there.  It used running fine until we lost power last night (about 60ish days...)

I tried removing all storage to so it is just the flash key, and it never gets to point where it connects the ethernet.

I would really like to get this system back up and running, so any help is really appreciated!!

Edited by Trucking Geek
added lines from log... fixed typo

The software version might actually be 6.9.2, not 6.9.1.  I remember doing the update on one server, and just verified it wasn't my home server.  So it must be this one.  Not sure if it will matter for this issue or not, but trying to be complete...

System is an i7 installed into an ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard with 16GB of ram.  Installed are 2x WD60EFZX Drives and a 400GB Warp Drive SSD Card.

Once running the system runs a Win10 VM to store Security Camera Video on the WD Drives.

Edited by Trucking Geek
Added system details.

Never thought I would need one.  My home server hasn't in over a year.  I am hoping this is something I can fix by editing a file on the drive, just don't know where to start.

I had tried for a while to get VGA passthru setup, but ended up not needing that.  But it has successfully booted several times without issue until today...

I will be backing up my home server today after this issue at work.

10 minutes ago, Trucking Geek said:

Never thought I would need one.

You must always have a current backup of your flash drive.

The config folder on flash is your configuration and all you need to get going as before with a fresh install. If you don't have a backup of your configuration, then your data will be OK if you don't make certain mistakes reconfiguring things, but you won't have your license, your disk assignments, your docker templates, and any settings you have made.

What about taking a new usb thumbdrive, putting the unraid trial version on there, and just seeing if it boots. If it does and you're not getting the errors, then something is probably corrupt with your thumb drive. I'd recommend copying the files off of it now while you can so that hopefully your config is saved. Maybe then you could copy your config files onto the new usb thumbdrive (instructions on how updates used to be done might help here) and if it works, then you would just need to share your new guid on the thumbdrive with unraid to get your license transferred over. Someone else might have better troubleshooting steps though.

Nate

Edited by nate1749

Copied the config folder to my laptop.  Just download again to that same flash and copy back?  Or manually overwrite the files on the Flash Key?

I saw you were running 6.10.0-rc1, so thought I would upgrade my home server to this version.  Now no Docker there...  Oops!  Going to have to revert it back....

Redownloaded and ran installer on the original flash key.  Then copied the config folder over from my laptop.

I think it is Success!  It is at least booting.  Tomorrow I will take the key back to the office and see if it will restart everything again.

My home server is successfully back to 6.9.2 now.  (Was 6.9.1 yesterday...)  What is the deal with the 6.10 version?  Docker can't start due to it's directories being lost?  Can you point me to a good discussion of what I need to do to upgrade successfully to 6.10 alpha?

Thanks for everyone's help so far!!!

1 hour ago, Trucking Geek said:

6.10 alpha

6.10 is rc1, way past beta. Have you read the release thread?

I don't know what problem you might have had with upgrade. Maybe diagnostics would tell us something.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

So the office machine was fixed with rewriting the USB key and restoring the Config directory.  Thank you!!!

My home server needed me to turn on the User shares to fix it.  After following the guide for setup of MyServer app, I had to reboot afterwards to get the website to actually show it as online.  That was a scary time...  lol.  And I had meant RC1 not alpha in that previous post.  Thanks again for all of your help!

• Trucking Geek changed the title to (Solved) System does not boot after a power failure. (6.9.1)