(Solved) My Servers - Showing Unavailable

1 hour ago, Lucky3058 said:

My router went through a reset last night

What changed? Did the server's IP address or your WAN IP change? (honestly, it shouldn't cause a problem either way, just wondering what the significance is of the "reset")

1 hour ago, Lucky3058 said:

even after renewing the DNS and restarting the UNRAID api, I still cannot get it to show in My Servers.

Let's reboot Unraid, just to start fresh after the reset.

Can you show a screenshot of what you see when you click your username in the UPC (in the upper right corner of the webgui)

Also show a screenshot of this server in the My Servers Dashboard: https://forums.unraid.net/my-servers/

• ljm42 changed the title to (Solved) My Servers - Showing Unavailable
8 minutes ago, Lucky3058 said:

ljm42 - So it shows correct under My Servers however when I click on local access to go to my custom URL it does not show the GUI page.

What url do you normally use to access the system, and what url is it offering you?  (replace abc123.unraid.net with the text "hash.unraid.net", we don't want to post your personal hash url publicly). 

Exactly what error message do you get when you click the url it offers you? A screenshot is fine too.

Also, please upload your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

I suspect that after the changes with your router, you might have issues with DNS Rebinding.

Please open a web terminal and type:

host rebindtest.unraid.net

If the result looks like this, then all is good:

root@Tower:~# host rebindtest.unraid.net
rebindtest.unraid.net has address 192.168.42.42

If you get something else then you need to figure out how to disable DNS Rebinding on your new router.

oh sorry, I just remembered Unraid 6.9.2 doesn't have the "host" command. Let's use "ping" instead:

ping rebindtest.unraid.net

after a few seconds you can press "ctrl c". If DNS Rebinding is NOT a problem you will see it resolve to 192.168.42.42:

root@ODROID:~# ping rebindtest.unraid.net
PING rebindtest.unraid.net (192.168.42.42) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- rebindtest.unraid.net ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 1044m

If it does not resolve to 192.168.42.42 then you need to figure out how to disable DNS Rebinding on your new router.

Forgot about the DNS rebind protection. Verizon reset it back to on by default on the Router FW upgrade. Disabled it again, ran ping a second time and all good to go. Might want to let others know who have Verizon Fios with a G3100 router that also gets the upgrade to go back and re-disable that feature.

• Like 1