Docker service failed to start and my cache drives are full

boniac

Hi forum,

yesterday my cachedrives became full and now my docker service doesn't work/falils to start. Perhaps you guys have some insight.

I believe this started when I followed this guide to shrink one of my vdisks (which is on the cache drive.... I know). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJBrEoq8mHo. Perhaps I screwed something up...

So what are the next steps for me to unscrew this situation? Can someone give me some advices? I would like to be able to run the docker services again and also move the vdisk somewhere else for now. 

Attached diagnotics

diagnostics-20210831-1307.zip

Disable Docker in Settings and change it back to 20G, which is plenty. That is its current size and you haven't been using much of that. It looks like you tried to change it to 35G but you definitely don't need to make it larger than 20G.

Leave Docker disabled until you get some room on cache.

Your user shares Use Cache settings look mostly OK, though isos is cache-no and has some files on cache. And appdata has overflowed to the array. Most of your user shares have no files on cache so I suspect it is appdata taking up most of that space. Probably you have some container downloading into it.

Go to User Shares, click the Compute All button, wait for the result. If it doesn't show the results after several minutes, refresh the page. Then post a screenshot.

56 minutes ago, trurl said:

Disable Docker in Settings and change it back to 20G, which is plenty. That is its current size and you haven't been using much of that. It looks like you tried to change it to 35G but you definitely don't need to make it larger than 20G.

Leave Docker disabled until you get some room on cache.

Your user shares Use Cache settings look mostly OK, though isos is cache-no and has some files on cache. And appdata has overflowed to the array. Most of your user shares have no files on cache so I suspect it is appdata taking up most of that space. Probably you have some container downloading into it.

Go to User Shares, click the Compute All button, wait for the result. If it doesn't show the results after several minutes, refresh the page. Then post a screenshot.

Here's the screenshoot.

"Leave Docker disabled until you get some room on cache.", how do I do that? The drives (SSD:s) are in the server (I could easily disconnect them and transfer the data via a HDD-reader) but is there an easier way? 

shares.jpg

Edited by boniac
16 minutes ago, boniac said:

"Leave Docker disabled until you get some room on cache.", how do I do that?

1 hour ago, trurl said:

If you don't enable it again then it is disabled.

As expected appdata is the biggest user of cache, though domains is also using quite a bit.

Any idea why your appdata share is 126GB total? I run 16 dockers, including plex, which is notorious for using a lot of appdata, and my total appdata is less than 16GB.

Which dockers do you run?

37 minutes ago, trurl said:

As expected appdata is the biggest user of cache, though domains is also using quite a bit.

Any idea why your appdata share is 126GB total? I run 16 dockers, including plex, which is notorious for using a lot of appdata, and my total appdata is less than 16GB.

Which dockers do you run?

Plex mainly. Calibre and some others on hiatus.

36 minutes ago, trurl said:

And domains is using nearly 100GB. A VM can access Unraid storage so it isn't necessary to create a vdisk for everything they need to have access to.

What VMs do you have?

Just one Windows 10 vm with Origin installed for The Sims 4 and some other games.

44 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you don't enable it again then it is disabled.

That I understood :) I meant how do I free up some space for the cache?

17 hours ago, trurl said:

What do you get from the command line with this?

du -h -d 1 /mnt/user/appdata

Just this: 

1.1G    /mnt/user/appdata/unifi-controller
40K     /mnt/user/appdata/filebrowser
4.0K    /mnt/user/appdata/cloudcmd
18M     /mnt/user/appdata/calibre
12M     /mnt/user/appdata/krusader
0       /mnt/user/appdata/Calibre-server

4 hours ago, boniac said:

Just this: 

Are you sure that is all the results? There should be a total when it is finished and it should say

23 hours ago, trurl said:

your appdata share is 126GB total

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Are you sure that is all the results? There should be a total when it is finished and it should say

117G    /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass
516K    /mnt/user/appdata/FileBot
12K     /mnt/user/appdata/droppy
1.7M    /mnt/user/appdata/letsencrypt
476K    /mnt/user/appdata/radarr
118G    /mnt/user/appdata

I believe my plexdata should be large due to +60TB of content and I am creating fast-forward-thumbnails for all content.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, trurl said:

So - now I have moved all the folders from my cache drive, changed my cachedrive from raid1 to raid0 and moved back everything to the cache drive. Now I have enough free disk space but docker still gives me  "Docker Service failed to start.". Any clue?