Installing nordvpn docker container does not create directory in appdata

I certainly would appreciate some guidance here. I built a test server a few days ago and configured a number of docker containers, one of which included nordvpn. Once I had tested the platform, I tore it down and built-up my new unRAID server. I used the same flash memory stick and have set my drives and shares up. I am now working on reconfiguring the docker containers, specifically the nordvpn container.

On unRAID 6.9.2, when I install nordvpn docker container, there is no entry/directory created in the /mnt/user/appdata folder. However the install appears to complete properly yet when I start the container, it reports invalid username or password in the log and then goes into a stopped state. If I ssh into the server, I can navigate to the /mnt/user/appdata/ folder and see the folders for the three working containers. When I install the nordvpn container, not directory is created.

I had this installed and running on a test server a couple of days ago then tore down that server in favor of the "production" version. Now, the directory in appdata isn't being created. Other containers are installing as expected and created directories in the appdata folder. The other containers (qBittorrent, Sonarr and Krusader) all appear to be working just fine.

Within the parameters of the nordvpn container, I have '--device /dev/net/tun --cap-add=NET_ADMIN" in the Extra Parameters field, my network type is set to Bridge and I've confirmed that the username/password is entered properly.

One other piece of the puzzle was that I originally had my appdata share set as cache: No then changed it to Prefer : cache upon doing so, I had to restart qBittorrent, Krusader and Sonarr and they appear to be working fine. I am getting this warning in the Fix Common Problems scan that indicates: Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array. You should change the shares settings appropriately or use the dolphin / krusader docker applications to move the offending files accordingly.

I'm not sure how to resolve the FCP warning nor how to clean and fix the nordvpn install.

Capture.JPG

Hi and thank you for the response.

I will post the question in the support forum for the container but I think my issue is more with how I've been mucking about as I plod my way through a setup and now I have some sort of config issue that is left over from my initial installs. I think I may have caused myself issues when I changed the appdata share to cache:Prefer.

Ultimately, I suspect I caused this through inexperience but I will continue to research and try and learn. I'd just like to understand why there is no config key to specify the appdata directory for the nordvpn container and whether I should create one. Which, to your point, brings me back to migrating this discussion to https://hub.docker.com/r/bubuntux/nordvpn