Software Won't Boot

First time trying unraid. I have tried to create the usb with the tool and manually but the system will not boot into the OS. The server was running freenas just fine. Im not sure if it is a compatibility issue with unraid and my board/cpu (Supermicro X8SIL-F with a Intel Xeon x3430) or something else. The board does not support UEFI and have turned it off when i created the usb. Any help is welcome.

On the boot drive that you created, double check and make sure the there is a folder named  EFI-   and not EFI   If the folder is named EFI- then the boot drive has been setup as BIOS boot.   

IF that is not the case, connect up a monitor to the server and have a look at the boot process.  You might want to take a picture of any error message that you get.  (I think that MB is a server-type motherboard and you may have to read the manual to be able to set it up so you can watch the boot process.) 

@Bushtrocitythe board has two NICs for use with the OS...at least one of them will work out of the box...I remember that one (both are slightly different chipsets) wasn't stable when ASPM/energy management was turned on for the NICS or PCI.

You can use IPMI on the first NIC as well  - even in parallel to a booted OS running -  no need to only use the dedicated IPMI NIC.

Set a fixed IP for IPMI in the BIOS on that NIC.