need input for borged design of Silverstone ML04 - horizontal/Riser slot

Ford Prefect

Hi folks,

I never used a Riser card in any of my setups..as of yet.

Now, my current Rig needs an upgrade and the card in question come only in Full-Size Slot height.

The case is a Silverstone Milo ML04 and does have a horizontal slot for full-height cards.

However, I feel the design is borged somehow.

The picture indicates, that the PCIe connector, when mounted into the horizontal slot, would face towards the outside of the case, not inwards to the direction of the slots.

Hence, the length of a flex-riser required would be way too long, maybe?

image.png.364b6b4b9afc2c66dd9500a30d55818a.png

the case has a width of almost 50cm, and I'll need to cover a length of 25+cm, I fear....the longest flex-riser I found has 20cm length.

The PCIe slot I need to reach is the 3rd one of the 4 slots as seen from the left

...any help or recommendations? I'd rather not by a new case ;-)

TIA,

ford

Thanks @ChatNoir ... the obvious thing I missed, as Iooked at there site for accessories for the case, but there weren't any.

However, I just remembered, that I do have the space left from the PSU, as I operate this with an external pico PSU.

Are there any "stands" for mounting a card horizontally? I could live with the fact, that I'd have to route the ports of the card to the outside somehow.

...maybe a wide/wild guess here.

I see brackets for 7 full size PCIE slots to 1 horizontal PCI slot

https://www.amazon.fr/Cooler-Master-Universel-Vertical-MCA-U000R-KFVK01/dp/B08DXK755Z (excuse my french, I'm lazy today :D )

But nothing for ATX PSU emplacement. :/ 

Did you measure the riser cable required length to use the available emplacement ?

Note that using this emplacement will limit the space available for your CPU cooler too.

Yes, I've seen that one, too...but it won't fit ... maybe time for a 3D print or something like that.

Also yes, I'd had to replace the CPU fan...with the card, the height will be limited to something below 36mm, I think it says so in the manual...but there are options out there.

Sigh...maybe time to drink me into being happy enough to purchase a Grandia GD09 😝