mwoods98 docker problems (was[Support] binhex - Plex Pass)

mwoods98

So this happened yesterday. I went to turn on plex to play something in the background while being on hold for a call and I noticed that Plex was down. I thought it was odd so I went to look at the docker but Unraid didn't show any dockers running. I went to the docker tab and I saw an error that said the docker service was not active. So, I went to the settings, and it said that docker services were installed. I turned them off, then turned it on back again and got the same error. So, I did a clean reboot to see if that would correct the issue. When unraid came back up no dockers were installed. I went to community applications and reinstalled the missing dockers. 

Here is where I don't understand what happened. When plex came back up, it was like a fresh install nothing was there. No libraries nothing. So, I noticed all of the other dockers are in their setup states as well. This has never happened before and even after setting things up after upgrading unraid things came back to the way they were. 

I have included a copy of the diags just in case. While starting over and re-building the plex libraries is not the worst thing in the world setting up every other docker would be a pain.

Any thoughts? 

tower-diagnostics-20211109-1711.zip

11 minutes ago, mwoods98 said:

went to community applications and reinstalled the missing dockers. 

Unless you used the Previous Apps feature, you would be starting from fresh templates, and unless you configured those fresh templates exactly as you had your dockers configured before, they might not find their earlier appdata and so the applications would also have to start fresh.

I suspect you filled docker.img. Why have you given 50G to docker.img? 20G is usually more than enough. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped.

Since you said all your dockers were affected, not clear why you posted in binhex plexpass thread. I have split your post and my reply to a new thread.

@trurl Thanks for splitting this and I have gotten the problem worked out. The issue was, the cache drive suddenly disconnected itself from the array which caused ALL of these problems. I was (with help) able to move the drive to another slot on the disk array then remove the other instances that had been created from lack of a cache drive.

I am happy to report the array is up and running smooth now.