advice for data recovery or fresh start

My unraid server won't boot. It (was) a very old and slow AMD box with a bunch of random old SATA drives in it. I've basically narrowed it to a hardware issue with the motherboard.

I don't necessarily need the Unraid server any more. My main goal at this point would be to recover the data that was on the server. I'm just not sure of the best way to proceed.

Is there a way to get the data from the disks directly by attaching them to another machine? Or must I rebuild a new UNRAID server so that I can re-attach the array?

If I need to build a new server I would need to do some significant upgrades - the hardware is so old that I'd need to replace the RAM and CPU as well. Would probably end up just building a new machine inside the old case.

I still have the flash drive with my config and setup on it.  I think I was last running version 6.5.2 (based on reference I found in the changes.txt file on my flash drive).

what should I do? any advice appreciated.

so I installed Ubuntu on a VirtualBox VM on my Mac. Dug out my old IDE/SATA - USB2 adapter, pulled the 3 data drives from the server and plugged one in. Worked great on the first disk (1.5 TB Seagate SATA drive). The other two disks don't show up in Linux when I follow the same process. Both are 3 TB Seagate drives.

Is it maybe related to the drive size? maybe my adapter doesn't work with the larger drives or something? the adapter is a Vance CB-ISATAU2 - claims that it supports "LBA-48 Addressing"

The drive spins up and I can see it in Disk Utility on the Mac (no volumes, just the device). When I select the adapter in VirtualBox to connect it to the VM, the device disappears from Disk Utility but does not show up in Ubuntu. When I do the same thing with the 1.5 TB disk it shows up fine with no additional steps required.