[SOLVED] Trouble adding a second NIC

First off I'm new to Unraid so bear with me. I recently bought a 10Gbps NIC and installed it in my Unraid server. it was this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHFRNNR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

with this cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U8BL09Q?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

and Unraid seems to show it in the system devices list as:

[8086:10fb] 07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)

but under network settings I don't seem to see it. My server (Dell R710) has 4 1Gbps ports and it seems to see all those. I also checked the functionality of the card by plugging it into a windows computer and I was able to transfer files with it.

What I am trying to do in the end is a large transfer from ones server to the unraid server using a filezilla Docker container. But I'm not sure if Unraid needs to be able to see the NIC or if it can just be passed through to the Docker container or something. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

unraid-diagnostics-20211113-1112.zip

You have this option set at boot:

Nov 13 10:56:55 Unraid kernel: Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot ixgbe.allow_unsupported_sfp=1,1,1,1,1

And it's not being accepted by the driver:

Nov 13 10:56:55 Unraid kernel: ixgbe: `1,1,1,1,1' invalid for parameter `allow_unsupported_sfp'

So it's not loading.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Trouble adding a second NIC