Device "Unmountable: not mounted"

I've tried to read through the forums but nothing seems to be quite the same problem I have (maybe it is, idk). But I have a HDD that's giving me the error "Unmountable: not mounted" 

Running XFS Repair I get this response:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... couldn't verify primary superblock - not enough secondary superblocks with matching geometry !!! attempting to find secondary superblock... ......................................................Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock Exiting now.

However, I can run an extended SMART report just fine. Comes back with no issues that I can tell. 

I'm not sure what to do to try to recover the drive, or if I should just replace it? It was recently a replacement of an older drive that failed. Probably hasn't been in the rack a full month. 

tower-diagnostics-20211117-1555.zip tower-smart-20211117-1535.zip

Duh, sorry. That was dumb. 

Same response as the GUI: 

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
couldn't verify primary superblock - not enough secondary superblocks with matching geometry !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
.........Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock
Exiting now.

(except with a lot more dots)

A valid xfs filesystem is still detected on mount:

Nov 30 11:49:00 Tower kernel: XFS (md9): Mounting V5 Filesystem
Nov 30 11:49:00 Tower kernel: XFS (md9): Internal error rhead->h_magicno != cpu_to_be32(XLOG_HEADER_MAGIC_NUM) at line 2886 of file fs/xfs/xfs_log_recover.c.  Caller xlog_valid_rec_header+0x17/0x11a [xfs]

Though it results in a crash, still find strange xfs_repair not finding a superblock, even if it wasn't 100% correct, but only solutions I see now are restoring from backups, if available, or try posting in the xfs mailing list and asking for help.

• 2 weeks later...