notifications wont tell me anymore drives that have 0 diskspace or getting close

comet424

i havent been getting notifications for a long time   where you have the array  says its getting full  the warnings  .. i only get a green that the array is ok

as i found myself again with 65.5k  diskspace free on the one drive..  thought i had min sets but i guess i didnt as i download from the website to that drive..

so is there another place it tells u the drive space 

unraid wont check.PNG

Minimum Free is a setting for a user share, not for a disk. When deciding which disk to write for a new file in a user share, if a disk has less than Minimum for that share, Unraid will choose another disk (if allowed by other settings). Minimum Free will not cause any notification.

The default warning limits are set in Disk Settings, and each disk can override the default setting (click on the disk to get to its page).

Once it has already given you a notification for going over the limit it won't give another until it has gone back below the limit.

ah ok  i thought i had min setting    so i set it now to 10gb    as long as Unraid knows what the file size is when downloading using Internet explorer or google chrome.. i figured unraid didnt know the file size from the internet.. so that bypass's  the min  safetly limits   reason it went to 65.5k free on the drive..  

i only found out  cuz i couldnt figure out why  Failed Downaload error was causing things..  and found it under common fixes    

and thats why i never got noticies  cuz it dodnt go below the limit  as u forget these things and when the drive goes totatlyl empty you find it out..

now to figure out my flash error issue ...

learning something new everyday

7 minutes ago, comet424 said:

as long as Unraid knows what the file size is when downloading using Internet explorer or google chrome.. i figured unraid didnt know the file size from the internet

It doesn't. In general, Unraid doesn't know how large a file will become when it chooses a disk for it. If a disk has more than Minimum Free, the disk can be chosen. If the disk is chosen and the file won't fit, the write fails.

ya thats what i noticed... i know i tweaked things     but may to tweak things more..  just 1 drive for my music i download   and exclude my videos and documents from that drive... least it wont fill up for a while then...

learn something new everyday... i appreciate it...    and maybe if you got time you can tell me i have other post on flash error   i dont know what caused it to mess up twice now..  and reboot doesnt fix it..  had topull all the drives then reboot..

but if you dont have time or know.. thats ok i just wait till soemone can tell me.. as i not sure whats causing it

thanks for the info so far it helps least i know why i dont get the notifications