SF-8088 max cable length

Hello all,

I'm expanding my Unraid server by adding a DAS.  I have a LSI 9201-16e card in my server and I have 16 extra drives in a separate Rosewill case.

I ordered the 1meter version of this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013G4EZ1G/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

however the cable is barely long enough and doesn't give me much play in how I can situate the cases next to each other.

Am I ok to go to the 2meter version?  The cable is going direct from the back of the LSI card right to the drives themselves.

Thanks

1 hour ago, frubsen said:

I have 16 extra drives in a separate Rosewill case.

What I would be looking at doing is combining the two cases to make one case.  Off the top of my head, I would first consider putting the second case with its front at the back of the first case.  Toss away the both  right case sides (as viewed from the front) to shorten the length of the cables.  With a high wattage modular power supply, you might even be able to power everything with one supply.

Caveat Emptor.  Because it's up to the buyer to verify that the cable will work.  Plus, that cabling you are using isn't even "spec" to begin with (an external cable on one end that plugs internally on the other end), but rather a hack to save money on various adapters being needed (I am also using 3 of them)

Really no different than buying a 100' HDMI cable that isn't active.  Good luck getting it to work on 4K....  Or a USB3 extension that's 10'+ feet long (max cable length USB3 is 9'10")  YMMV