Configuring new USB from a backup with a catch

Roang

Hi guys,

A little story first.

My system has recently suffered a data drive failure and USB failure at the same time.

To my horror, I realized that the backup of USB was stored in the array itself which was no longer accessible. 

Thankfully, I had a recent copy of the diagnostics available which had the following config available.

image.png.7940c7ed68a7f9b29fd74f882f51c80c.png

I've copied this across to the flash drive's config folder, and did some push and pull with the registration key (replaced it) and the unRAID managed to get the disk configuration back (but not other settings like plugins. Unsure about Docker and VMs at this stage).

From there, I've initiated the parity swap procedure (as my replacement drive was bigger than the parity drive) and it's currently in the data rebuild step.

Now what I want to achieve is to utilize the flashdrive backup that is now accessible from the backup share to restore the old unRAID settings back.

Current unRAID just has the default settings available and I want to bring back the settings and configurations I had for unRAID (e.g. plugins, ssh logins, user setup, docker, VMs, etc)

As per Docker and VM, I was scared to start them in case of any potential corruption so I've not tested them out to see how they're behaving.

Overall, I believe I'll need to move over things from the below screenshot but I'm unsure which files I should be copying over to achieve this.

I guess things gets tricky because the backup will have disk configuration which is no longer valid as I had to replace a broken drive and did a parity swap procedure.

image.png.b995f03d2d7ec144bda53f05b56be139.png

image.png.c4ec26d4aa8ebe487dd42388318829e9.png

If you guys could provide some guidance on which files to copy over (or do otherwise) so I can have the sweet unRAID settings I had before, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

*Point to note, my unRAID is currently on 6.5.3

Edited by Roang
Clarification