New User

Knight2339

Greetings all,

I am 5 days into my first Unraid install and loving it, even as a complete newbie its not been difficult too pick up and get working :)

I will be using my server to host some games for me and my friends as well as (natually) NAS.

Could someone please point me in the right direction if the game I want to host does not have a docker listed in the com apps pages? For example Myth Of Exiles is one I want to host in the next few weeks.

Thanks 

Dan

Edited by Knight2339
28 minutes ago, Knight2339 said:

Could someone please point me in the right direction if the game I want to host does not have a docker listed in the com apps pages? For example Myth Of Exiles is one I want to host in the next few weeks.

If there is not a ready made container, chances are it doesn't work well or at all in that environment, so the next best thing is to set up a VM and host it from there. For example any games that don't have a native linux setup are going to be much happier in a Windows VM.

If there is a native linux port available, and there aren't any ready made containers, then @ich777 might be convinced to develop a container if you can provide him with a license to run the game for testing purposes. If it's not a linux native but uses wine, it's less likely to be able to run well or at all in a container.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Knight2339 said:

Could someone please point me in the right direction if the game I want to host does not have a docker listed in the com apps pages?

If you have any request on a game server feel free to post here, you can also look at the second post which games are already available:

1 hour ago, Knight2339 said:

Myth Of Exiles

I think this is similar to Conan Exiles in terms of the game engine that they are using and from what I know there is no native Linux version available.

It would be somehow possible to try to create a container with WINE but it could be possible that it won't run and is most likely to cause a little more overhead and to use more system resources as if you run it natively on Windows.