[solved] unraid server keeps randomly resetting

Good day!

My unraid server randomly resets, sometimes it will occur just after booting, other times it may stay up for a few days. Previously I had a very stable ubuntu headless server.

I thought it was the new ram that I had purchased, but even after removal the reset still occurs. Hopefully someone can look at my diagnostics and is able to read them? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ice.

iceraid-diagnostics-20211219-1342.zip

Edited by icedfusion
solved

Thanks for looking, it seems that everything runs fine and the server has been up for over 24hrs without a reset with the plugins disabled, I will investigate to see which plugin is causing it.

I will do this by renaming all plugins in the /boot/config/plugins folder and then readd them one by one (starting with the ones updated recently). Once found I will report back and mark as solved.

Appreciate the help!

Cheers

ice.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, turns out everything is not running fine - been messing around with this for weeks now on and off over xams.

Reset occurs in safe mode as well, so thought it must be hardware related so did the following:

1. tried changing the graphics card - reset

2. removed HBA SATA card and associated drives - reset

3. tried different RAM/configurations - reset

4. tried reducing number of connected hard drives - reset

5. downloaded unraid again and tried it in trial mode - reset

so thought it must be cpu related - however, if I plug back in my old ubuntu server drive (which this setup previously ran), everything seems fine (albeit my raid array no longer exists) - but I mounted the xfs drives and can still run my old plex server on it.

Is there something that exists on the drives that is loaded when unraid is booting that I can try and remove?

I thought it could be related to a corrupt .img, but these are not loaded in safe mode I believe as the array is not started - anything else I can look at?

Cheers

ice.

Yes, that is correct, reset still occurs even when booting in safe mode. I am assuming it is possibly a hardware issue (cpu/mobo) as I have changed everything else  - but my ubuntu installation (installed on a separate SSD) seems to run fine with everything attached - I can obtain more logs if that helps?

Cheers

ice.

It's looking at though it may have been a dodgy USB drive! Created my server from scratch on another USB and it seems good now - Hopefully it will stay up for more than a few days.

I did have to reinstall everything (docker/plugins) but happy it kept all my other data in tact on the drives and I really like the fact I can access the data outside of unraid (eg. mount the drives in ubuntu)!

Cheers

ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well....wasn't a dodgy USB drive.....ended up replacing motherboard/cpu and updating everything else as even my ubuntu server installation started resetting so it was definitely an hardware issue as with my new setup ever 6.10rc2 has been more stable than 6.9.2 on my old hardware......sometimes software is NOT the issue!

thanks to the forums support and limetech for updating my keys when i used up my online allocation!

Cheers

ice.

• icedfusion changed the title to [solved] unraid server keeps randomly resetting