USB Array Converted To SATA, Now Drives Not Found

Moe Data
Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

I built my array using 4 WD USB Easystore 14TB drives: 2 Parity, 1 data, and the other precleared but needing to be formatted.  I then shucked the drives and went SATA with them, not realizing Unraid would see them with different drive identifiers/names.  So now Unraid doesn't see the drives from the previous array.  The data drive can be mounted and has it's content.  I have tried selecting the appropriate new drive names for the Parities on the Main tab under Array Devices/Devices/Identification columns, but there is no way to make it stick and start the array. 

Is there a way to make Unraid use the new Identifications? 

• Solution
32 minutes ago, Moe Data said:

Is there any way to verify which is which,

Not easily. Since you aren't concerned about rebuilding a drive, it would be easiest just to make your best guess and build parity fresh.

If you are interested in the nitty gritty details, the short answer is that parity1 is valid as long as all data drives are present, parity2 is a different much more complex set of equations that is valid if all data drives are present AND in their proper slot numbers.