Cache Drive Upgrade ... Again

I posted this question about upgrading a cache drive some time ago:

The answer I got didn't get me anywhere as the information was outdated, didn't correspond to what I was seeing on my server and I couldn't get anywhere with it.  Decided to let it sit and hoped newer versions and updated info might be forthcoming ... then just never got back to it ... until now.  Have some free time on my hands so I thought I'd try again but now the original information links are dead and I'm finding even less information on how to successfully do this.

Running unRAID 6.9.2

1 Cache Drive

Couple Dockers, no VMS

Is there updated information on how to replace/upgrade a single cache drive that I'm just missing?

Any help would be appreciated as I feel I'm running on borrowed time at this point.

Thanks for the reply, didn't help though.

I seem to be missing something and not sure what.  I tried this process before and keep getting stuck on step 5; I run the mover, it says the option is disabled while the mover is running, keeps running for a bit and then when it appears to stop nothing actually seems to have moved.  My appdata folder and all the sub folders remain on the cache drive, none of it appears on any other disk in the array.

Not sure what to do at this point

This might be a really stupid questions, but does the mover do anything special/hidden/?? other than relocate files from the cache drive to the array and back?

What would happen it I just copied all the files & folder on to say an external drive manually after stopping the dockers and disabling them, put in the new drive and formatted it then copied everything back on to the new drive?

12 minutes ago, UncleDirtNap said:

One more if you don't mind, the existing drive is formatted btrfs, is there a preferred file system to format the new one with?  the rest of the array is XFS, okay to make it the same?

If you don't plan to use several drives in the pool (now or in the future), XFS can be used.

If several drives are used now or soon, then BTRFS is required.