Unraid v6.9.2 Shares not behaving as expected (shares/cache/torrent)

Kyo28

I have a problem with my shares not behaving as intended and I think it's because I've missed something or didn't configure it well.

Here's the general setup:

SHARES:

• MOVIES : disks 1-4
  • TV SERIES : disks 5-7
  • DOWNLOADS : disk 8

The only share using a cache pool, is disk 8. The others are not using cache pool

Now, I have set up Binhex Qbittorrent, which downloads to the cache pool, and when the mover runs, it transfers the finished downloads from the CACHE to DISK 8 (DOWNLOADS Share). So far, so good.

However, when I then use Krusader to move those files into the MOVIES and TV SERIES shares, instead Unraid creates those same folders into disk 8, instead of moving the files. I think the reason is because Unraid will not move files around that are on the array, but will instead creates subdirs on the disk they already reside on.

Now, I can fix this by using unBALANCE, but that's just additional hassle.

Is there any way to set things up so after downloads are completed in the CACHE, I can move them onto the disks I want them to go, namely:

disks 1-4 for MOVIES

and

disks 5-7 for TV SERIES?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Kyo28 said:

However, when I then use Krusader to move those files into the MOVIES and TV SERIES shares, instead Unraid creates those same folders into disk 8, instead of moving the files. I think the reason is because Unraid will not move files around that are on the array, but will instead creates subdirs on the disk they already reside on.

It's because you're passing through a single mount point of either /mnt or /mnt/user mapped to say /UNRAID

What you seeing is normal and to be expected in that situation.

13 minutes ago, Kyo28 said:

Is there any way to set things up so after downloads are completed in the CACHE, I can move them onto the disks I want them to go, namely:

Have radarr/sonarr move them into the appropriate share set to use cache:yes and mover will take care of the rest.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

Have radarr/sonarr move them into the appropriate share set to use cache:yes and mover will take care of the rest.

Ah, haven't installed or used radarr/sonarr yet. Will look into that. Thank you for your help! I think I saw a youtube video on that topic by SpaceInvader One ...