[SUPPORT] SmartPhoneLover - OpenBooks

I downloaded the binary to my Mac and seems to work when I run it with:

./openbooks_mac —name some-random-name

on unraid, it is not always connecting to IRC for me -   I keep getting ‘unable to connect to server’ in the webui.   I need to keep refreshing the page and it sometimes connects. It feels quite unpredictable though - something is not working correctly.

Just an update.

I connected my computer directly to my cable modem and the .exe worked fine. I then connected direct to my firewall and no results. I deleted all my firewall rules and still no luck. My guess is there is something that is not getting forwarded/NATed or something like that but don't quite know what.

Edited by CyBuzz
spelling
  • 1 month later...

To anyone considering installing this, a fair warning. I have talked to the mods at irc.irchighway.net and they told me that this docker WILL get your IP address banned on their channel. They told me that the script abuses the search bot, causing the banhammer to react.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, robertpaolella said:

Is there a way to use this via reverse proxy? It's as if it creates two separate sessions when I access via reverse proxy vs accessing the IP directly.

If you're using Apache2, add this to your reverse proxy virtual host:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Connection} Upgrade [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Upgrade} websocket [NC]
RewriteRule /(.*) ws://<docker ip address>:<port>/$1 [P,L]

Replace <docker ip address> and <port> with your OpenBooks ip address and webui port.

Edit: You need the rewrite mod for this to work:

sudo a2enmod rewrite

Edited by Celsian
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2023 at 6:54 AM, scubanarc said:

To anyone considering installing this, a fair warning. I have talked to the mods at irc.irchighway.net and they told me that this docker WILL get your IP address banned on their channel. They told me that the script abuses the search bot, causing the banhammer to react.

Is there anyway to prevent a bad?

Like some type of search delay or something that can be added sotaht when you do a search it dose not happer the search bot?

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 10:54 PM, scubanarc said:

I hadn't been on the support page when I found this and have been using it for a few days and downloaded a few books, but now when i try and start up the container, I get a 403 error, would that probably be this ban you are referring to or something else? Anyone else getting this error, or just me? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2023 at 8:47 PM, ibbanez said:

I hadn't been on the support page when I found this and have been using it for a few days and downloaded a few books, but now when i try and start up the container, I get a 403 error, would that probably be this ban you are referring to or something else? Anyone else getting this error, or just me? 

Restarting the container helped get past the 403 and I'm able to do searches but not able to downland anymore.  I've been using this happily for months.  I wonder if I got banned - there's no message in the logs that would indicate as such.

Edit: It worked fine before updating to Unraid Version: 6.12.3 so that may be a factor/

Edited by ryry
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, pinion said:

TLS quit working for me so I added in --tls=false and I was able to connect again. Although I don't want to get banned so I'll probably go back to irssi

Mine is saying it can't connect to server - is that the same thing? Where might I add the "--tls=false"?

image.png.b1cbb2ed26a36317480a4e050685694a.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Mine is saying it can't connect to server - is that the same thing? Where might I add the "--tls=false"?
http://upload.forums.unraid.net/live/monthly_2024_01/image.png.b1cbb2ed26a36317480a4e050685694a.png
That would be in the extra parameters field. But I'm pretty sure my IP got banned for a week so I quit using it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk