GUI won't start and other issues... [Resolved]

dja
Go to solution Solved by dja,

Help please! A bit stuck here. 

Earlier today I updated unassigned devices and community apps plugins. I noticed I could load the community apps page earlier and rebooted and now I can't get the GUI to boot without safe mode no plugins.  I'm trying to run diagnostics but it is stuck at the process shown in the screen shot. I have SSH and GUI access, but not sure where/what to do now.

*The only other thing in recent days was a rebuild of a array drive. That completed and I ran check on it to bring the files back online for the share.  (XFS encrypted setup with 2 cache drives) 

Ideas? 
image.png.0957c2cdaa416a9bb98153395c4db42a.png

Edited by dja
13 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Shutdown your server and take out the flash device. Do a file system check on the flash device on a Windows machine and let it repair any corruption.

No errors found. Here is what my terminal shows on the connected monitor. It is just stuck here. 
I have SSH, are there any logs I can grab manually? 

image.thumb.png.e935df67de4e33dbe6e361f9265431db.png

• Solution

For whomever this might help- my network config was eff'd up in some way. At one point I had a 4 port network card (bond) and later removed it. The entries were still present in /boot/config/network.cfg. It did not seem to cause an issue until today. I did notice on rebooting my server that it would attempt to load the adapters and fail. I never thought much of it...but it must have caused an issue today. Perhaps this was exasperated by me changing the network setting for Docker to macvlan. I understand this has caused issues where the GUI would not load. 

Either way- I deleted the network.cfg file after testing  & removing the recently updated plugins that may have caused an issue. (I added them back before deleting)  This resolved the issue for me. I did set macvlan BACK to ipvlan in GUI safe mode in my troubleshooting prior to the delete. Not sure if that helped our not. I changed that initially to troubleshoot issues with a docker communicating to another docker image. 

Edited by dja
  • dja changed the title to GUI won't start and other issues... [Resolved]