6.9.2 unraid won't boot with new HDD attached

Hi all, still trialling the software, hopefully that isn't this limitation. I have 4 HDDs attached currently, 1 parity, 3 data. I'm trying to remove a 1TB data and add a 14TB drive (WD140EDFZ). I've been using this drive in an external enclosure for a couple of years. When I power on the server, it won't boot beyond the mobo splash screen. Keyboard incidently won't work at this point so can't enter BIOS. Thought it may be a power delivery issue but have tried with just this one drive attached and it won't boot. I've tried formatting the drive with both xfs and ntfs on a single partition and is usable from both my windows pc and a separate linux server I have. 

Any help greatly appreciated

Attached diagnostics and specs

image.png.06a6da755e99435d06f95e1b03bacaeb.png

athena-diagnostics-20220131-1538.zip

47 minutes ago, clem-fandango said:

I've been using this drive in an external enclosure for a couple of years

This could be the 3.3v reset problem caused by many WD drives when removed from external enclosures and attached directly to SATA power.   See this video for details.

I have done the Kapton tape fix on three shucked WD white drives.

It is more common that the drive simply does not show up in the BIOS and unRAID but occasionally it can cause boot issues.

1 minute ago, clem-fandango said:

Haven't got any tape

In a pinch and to see if that is the issue, you can use electrical tape.  It is thicker so you have to be careful with it.  If that solves the problem, you can later apply Kapton.  I initially used electrical tape.  If you have a Molex to SATA adapter you can also try that as the Molex bypasses the 3.3v pin.