emhttpd error: share_luks_status, 5995: Operation not supported (95): getxattr

Hi,

So in an attempt to implement some sort of user share quotas, I make several .img files for each user, each with a filesystem on them, setup as such:

made using dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/user/user_area/user_images/${username}.img bs=1M count=102400 (100GB)

mkfs.exfat /mnt/user/user_area/user_images/${username}.img

an entry is then added into /boot/config/custom_theme/custom_fstab, which is copied by a script that's called by the go file.

Once the system is up and running, I can do mount -a and all the image files successfully mount. On the user end, the shares report 100GB free space and works brilliantly.

After 3 days, I noticed my log partition was full. In syslog, I'm getting the error "emhttpd error: share_luks_status, 5995: Operation not supported (95): getxattr"

After some reseearch, I have disabled logging in Samba to try and ignore this error but it seems emhttpd is logging and not samba. I also tried adding user_xattr in ftsab for each mount, using ext4 rather than exfat, but still the same error filling the logs.

I would like to know if there is a way do disable this particular error being logged, or is there something I am missing to get the getxattr working so the error is fixed?

Thanks!

Hi @Squid so i tried this, i copied all the entries for all the user shares from /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf into /boot/config/smb-extras.conf, changed the paths to /mnt/disks/${username} with no luck. Samba now isn't loading the shares, I cannot mount them from the user end and they have disappeared from the shares page on unraid.

However they do exist in /mnt/disks/${username}

Any suggestions? They have successfully copied into /etc/samba/smb-extra.conf as well but seems samba is ignoring it?

Shares on the shares page are only what the OS handles.  Symlinking or direct mounts within it is always going to be troublesome at best and will also potentially have other issues (inability to stop the array?)

Within smb-extra.conf you need to add a section akin to 

[MYIMG]
   path=/mnt/disks/whateverhere
   valid users = andrew
   write list = andrew
   force user = root

A reboot (or a change to a share setting) will result in MYIMG being shared over the network.

I have added the following:

[username]

path=/mnt/disks/username

comment = user-full-name

browseable = no

# Private

writeable = no

read list =

write list = username

valid users = username

case sensitive = auto

preserve case = yes

short preserve case = yes

I have added these sections for each username into the smb-extra file, and have rebooted. I can see the entries in the SMB Extras tab under Settings -> SMB, and they are in /etc/smb-extra.conf. However, on the Shares page, they are no longer there? They are also not accessible over the network

Edited by Krisjjrice
3 minutes ago, Krisjjrice said:

However, on the Shares page, they are no longer there?

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Shares on the shares page are only what the OS handles. 

Not going to pretend to be an samba options guru, but you've got browseable = no, writeable=no and no users being allowed to read and a type in write list (wtite list)

I copied the entries that were put into /etc/smb.conf when I created the shares through the unraid page into /boot/config/smb-extras.conf so they are exactly as set up by the system by default, the only modification I made was to the path. I have just done an ls -lah in /mnt/disks and they are all root:root, whereas in /mnt/user/ they are all nobody:users

I think this might be the issue, but doing a chown gives me "Operation not permitted" after mounting the img

Ok i got this working

Did a id nobody to get UID and GID of the nobody user, added umask=0000,uid=99,gid=100 into the fstab, rebooted and mounted the img files and bam its accessible over the network.

Thanks for all your help.

On another note, is there anyway to make these shares manageable through the webpage? The idea of my company moving to unraid was that everything was GUI controlled with little-to-no CLI setup, and would preferably like to try and keep it this way.

Thanks again!

13 minutes ago, Krisjjrice said:

is there anyway to make these shares manageable through the webpage?

No

Your other option is to investigate if you can do this via Unassigned Devices.  I don't believe so, but @dlandon is the expert on what UD can and can't do.

One thing you do want to also try is can you stop the array successfully with that image file being opened and effectively mounted.  You may need to add a script (/config/stopping) on the flash drive to remove that mount so the array can successfully stop