Network inbound 2.5g but outbound only 1g

outi
Go to solution Solved by outi,

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my network to 2.5g. My main PC's mainboard has 2.5g on board and my unraid server now has a PCI network card.

After first tests i can copy files with around 280 mb/s to my server. But I only reach about 130 mb/s when copying from the server to my PC.

Is that some kind of configuration issue? Unfortunately newtork setups aren't my strong suit.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

12 minutes ago, Squid said:

What is the source file? On the array?  Reads are always limited by the speed of the device you're actually reading from.  Writes are cached in memory first and then written (and tend to go to a SSD / nvme which are must faster than hard drives)

The test file is 4 GB mp4 that i just copied. So it's still on the nvme cache.

• Solution
1 hour ago, outi said:

Could it be a problem with the configuration of the two network adapters on the server? I set the PCIe card as eth0 in bonding mode 'active-backup' with eth1 (onboard 1g lan).

That seemed to be the mistake. I set the PCIe card as eth0 and deactivated the oboard adapter. Now it's transferring with 280 mb/s in both directions.