Cache pool problems

I have been running my system with a single 256gb SSD cache drive. I have a 512gb SSD repurposed from another system that I wanted to add to my cache pool. 

Once the new drive was added I had a cache pool total size of 384GB but the used/free space figures only added up to 256GB After some research what ive learned is that my cache pool should be 256GB same as the smallest drive (I hadn't researched this beforehand at all so I didn't know about the btrfs file system and the cache pool being in raid)

I decided I'd prefer to have the 512GB alone as my cache drive and use the 256GB as a separate pool for VM data. 

Now that the drives have been split (one as Cache and the other as VMPool) they are behaving as duplicates. Both devices still showing a size of 384GB but 256GB in used/free and data add to or removed from one is duplicated on the other. 

Please help me stop this. I want the drives to be fully separate pools of their full size.

I've removed and re-added the drives which didn't help. Do I need to format the drives? I haven't seen where I would do this

Screenshot 2022-02-13 204415.png